Updated as of Feb. 24, 2023.
E-Commerce Supervisor (Experienced, Full-Time, Work from Home & On-Site in Pasig Once a Week)
The E-Commerce Supervisor is the person who is the tie-breaker for the team, is the glue for the organization, holds everything together, beats the drum (provides cadence), is accountable for the P&L results, executes the business plan, holds the team accountable, and is the steady force in the organization. The E-Commerce Supervisor also creates organizational clarity, communication, and consistency; typically (but not always) operates more on logic; drives results; forces resolution, focus, team unity, prioritization, and follow-through; is the filter for all of the General Manager’s ideas; harmoniously integrates the team; and helps to remove obstacles and barriers.
Why Work Here:
- LEARN: Working in Shoenami means you are an important member of a small ~10 person team. The unique way in which you approach and solve a problem will be definitely noticed. While you do that, the process of learning will be enhanced too. A startup has fewer people so everybody’s role is important.
- OWNERSHIP: You'll have the freedom to do your work with no micromanagement. As the late Steve Jobs has said: "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do."
- INNOVATION: At an established company, you most likely have an employee handbook that outlines the policies and procedures for a given scenario. At Shoenami, team members are creating these policies and procedures. This gives you more freedom to experiment with new processes and templates to see what works best.
- VALUE: Shoenami thrive off of new ideas and ways of thinking through problems. Additionally, there are few teammates to make suggestions. This means that your input is valuable and sometimes necessary for the growth of the business.
What our previous/current teammates say about us:
- "Personally, I learned so much because of Shoenami. Through your patience, I’ve gotten used to the process and have been able to effectively contribute sometimes. Making less and less mistakes makes me feel proud of myself as well." from Kristine F.
- "I actually like our company culture a lot. Even though we are in a diverse team, we respect each other, there is trust and integrity, and there is autonomy in our work. Autonomy I meant being trusted or have a sense of ownership over your own work." from Kate Y.
- “If you ever get lucky enough to be hiring people, make sure you're hiring people that not only you can teach, but make sure you're hiring people who are also going to teach you things.” from Jeff Bezos
- "Every time, I browse the Shoenami website, I feel happy that my hard work has paid off. This also reflects the trust of the company beyond my work, as well as my growth in my position. Also, the compliments help my motivation grow further." from Daniella P.
Who We Are
- Mission: Shoenami exists to share the passion for sneakers
- Vision: To become your go-to supplier for hype and authentic sneakers
Our Core Values
- Continuous Improvement - Eliminate problems, remove waste, and inefficiency
- Accountability and Integrity - Always doing what we say, sometimes more, never less
- Operational Excellence - Create long-lasting value instead of short-term boosts
- Frugality and Resourcefulness - Do more with less
- Gratitude and Positivity, also PUNny and a little wEirD - Enjoy your work, appreciate the little things, celebrate small wins, and have fun! :)
- From 2014 to 2019, Shoenami was being managed by only 2 people (we rarely have open positions so take advantage of this opportunity, sneaker-friend!)
- In March of 2014 we sold our first sneaker, the Nike Roshe Run 'Black/Sail', for Php 4,500 thru a meet-up in McDo beside DLSU-M.
- On April 27, 2016, we've had our first celebrity endorsement from Yassi Pressman (adidas Ultra Boost 1.0 'Wool Grey')
- Graduate of any four-year course
- At least 2 years experience in leadership & management
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Own computer/laptop with a stable internet connection
- Willing to travel on-site to Pasig once a week
E-Commerce Supervisor Ideal Traits:
- Can say *NO* a lot
- Is fine with being the “bad guy”
- Can fire people if necessary
- Typically the bearer of bad news in the organization
- Good at conflict resolution and negotiation
- Continuous learner and improvement oriented
- Goal and accountability focused
- People leader and developer
- Strong leadership & management skills
- Fanatical about resolution and forcing conclusions
- A master of follow-through
- Can point a group of people all in the same direction
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and implement solutions to complex challenges
- Must be proactive, decisive, organized, detail-oriented, and goal-oriented
- Interested in sneakers and hype culture
- Loves online shopping!
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as a coach and mentor direct reports (around 10 people)
- Leads team meetings and holds people accountable
- Resolve cross-functional issues
- Executes General Manager’s vision and ensures follow-thru
- Manage day-to-day issues
- Responsible for team to-do completion (%)
- Responsible for profit and loss (P&L) results
- Establish processes and structure
- Reducing process complexity, systemizing, simplifying, and applying technology to processes
- Communicate and collaborate with various departments
- Aligns entire organization with priorities—keeping everyone in sync
- Continuously develops new ways of solving problems and making sure those new solutions are executed and communicated throughout the organization
- Makes decisions based on logic and data
- Focuses on making sure we all live and breathe our core values
Are you the perfect fit? (pun intended)
- Are you self-motivated with high standards?
- Always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Passionate about creating a positive impact?
- Strong appetite for learning and eager to contribute?
- Looking for a challenge and hungry to take ownership and responsibility?
Up for the challenge? Then let’s talk sneakers!
- Send your resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “I'm a strong leader and manager who can execute and follow through”
- In the body of the email, tell us about a time that you had to fire someone (use the CAR method to tell the story: Context, Action, Result).
- In addition to #2, there is also 1 thing wrong with this job posting, tell us what that single error is in 1 sentence ("The error is that...", #3 is optional).
- Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.