Last Updated on Sept. 13, 2023 by Luigi P.
E-Commerce Supervisor (Experienced, Full-Time, Work from Home)
The E-Commerce Supervisor is the person who is the tie-breaker for the team, is the glue for the organization, holds everything together, beats the drum (provides cadence), is accountable for the P&L results, executes the business plan, holds the team accountable, and is the steady force in the organization. The E-Commerce Supervisor also creates organizational clarity, communication, and consistency; typically (but not always) operates more on logic; drives results; forces resolution, focus, team unity, prioritization, and follow-through; is the filter for all of the General Manager’s ideas; harmoniously integrates the team; and helps to remove obstacles and barriers.
Why Work Here:
- LEARN: Working in Shoenami means you are an important member of a small ~10 person team. The unique way in which you approach and solve a problem will be definitely noticed. While you do that, the process of learning will be enhanced too. A startup has fewer people so everybody’s role is important.
- OWNERSHIP: You'll have the freedom to do your work with no micromanagement. As the late Steve Jobs has said: "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do."
- INNOVATION: At an established company, you most likely have an employee handbook that outlines the policies and procedures for a given scenario. At Shoenami, team members are creating these policies and procedures. This gives you more freedom to experiment with new processes and templates to see what works best.
- VALUE: Shoenami thrive off of new ideas and ways of thinking through problems. Additionally, there are few teammates to make suggestions. This means that your input is valuable and sometimes necessary for the growth of the business.
What our previous/current teammates say about us:
- "Every time, I browse the Shoenami website, I feel happy that my hard work has paid off. This also reflects the trust of the company beyond my work, as well as my growth in my position. Also, the compliments help my motivation grow further." from Daniella P. (Former Admin Assistant)
- "Not related to tasks but I actually love not being micromanaged. I really do enjoy working without being supervised." from Kate Y. (Current Admin Team Lead)
- "Being used to the tasks I need to do everyday. Finding and buying a lot of shoes not using my own money :D , proves that I've built trust with Shoenami." from Christian O. (Current Junior Sneaker Buyer)
- “If you ever get lucky enough to be hiring people, make sure you're hiring people that not only you can teach, but make sure you're hiring people who are also going to teach you things.” from Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO)
- "What I love about being part of the team is getting the feeling of belongingness. With the continuous support and feedback being given, I feel that the team wanted to help me to be an expert and eventually be in a bigger role. I also love the interaction with customers since I am able to express myself unlike in the BPO industry, where you need to follow verbiage." from Thristian L. (Current Customer Service Representative)
You'll be a great fit if:
- You're a strong leader/mentor/coach
- You like leading meetings
- You enjoy project management
- You're self motivated and you can manage yourself
- You make decisions based on logic and data
- You can say *NO* a lot
- You're fine with being the “bad guy”
- You're not afraid to fire someone if necessary
- You can handle being the bearer of bad news in the organization
- You are a DOER and PROBLEM SOLVER
- You personally care about your direct reports
- You can challenge your direct reports to improve and do better
- You're good at conflict resolution and negotiation
- You're a continuous life long learner
- You're a people leader and developer
- You're fanatical about resolution and forcing conclusions
- You're a master of follow-through
- You're proactive, decisive, organized, detail-oriented, and goal-oriented
- You're interested in sneakers and hype culture
- You love online shopping! (Shopee Platinum member is a plus!)
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as a coach and mentor direct reports (around 10 people)
- Leads team meetings and holds people accountable
- Resolve cross-functional issues
- Executes General Manager’s vision and ensures follow-through
- Manage day-to-day issues
- Responsible for team to-do completion (%)
- Responsible for profit and loss (P&L) results
- Establish processes and structure
- Reducing process complexity, systemizing, simplifying, and applying technology to processes
- Communicate and collaborate with various departments
- Aligns entire organization with priorities—keeping everyone in sync
- Continuously develops new ways of solving problems and making sure those new solutions are executed and communicated throughout the organization
- Makes decisions based on logic and data
- Focuses on making sure we all live and breathe our core values
Are you the perfect fit? (pun intended)
- Are you self-motivated with high standards?
- Always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Passionate about creating a positive impact?
- Strong appetite for learning and eagerness to contribute?
- Looking for a challenge and hungry to take ownership and responsibility?
Are you up for the challenge? Then let’s talk sneakers!
- Learn more about us here, to see if you're a great match with Shoenami!
- If you think we're compatible, send your portfolio, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “I'm a leader who can hold people accountable, execute the business plan, drive results, and force resolution.”
- In the body of the email, tell us 2 things:
- First: What you hated the most about your previous school or company ("I hated that my school/company did this...").
- Second: (OPTIONAL) There is also 1 thing wrong with this job posting, tell us what that single error is in 1-2 sentences ("The error is that...")
OUR PROMISE: We appreciate your effort in taking the time to apply. Once positions are filled, these listings above will be immediately deleted. If you can see the listing above, that means the position is still open. Good luck, sneaker-friends! :)