Customer Service Representative
Last Updated on Sept. 15, 2023 by Luigi P.
Customer Service Representative (Non-Voice, Entry Level, Full-Time, Permanent Work from Home)
The customer service representative position actively listens to the customer, answers inquiries, solves problems, recommends products, and records transactions.
Why Work Here:
- LEARN: Working in Shoenami means you are an important member of a small ~10 person team. The unique way in which you approach and solve a problem will be definitely noticed. While you do that, the process of learning will be enhanced too. A startup has fewer people so everybody’s role is important.
- OWNERSHIP: You'll have the freedom to do your work with no micromanagement. As the late Steve Jobs has said: "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do."
- INNOVATION: At an established company, you most likely have an employee handbook that outlines the policies and procedures for a given scenario. At Shoenami, team members are creating these policies and procedures. This gives you more freedom to experiment with new processes and templates to see what works best.
- VALUE: Shoenami thrive off of new ideas and ways of thinking through problems. Additionally, there are few teammates to make suggestions. This means that your input is valuable and sometimes necessary for the growth of the business.
What our previous/current teammates say about us:
- "Every time, I browse the Shoenami website, I feel happy that my hard work has paid off. This also reflects the trust of the company beyond my work, as well as my growth in my position. Also, the compliments help my motivation grow further." from Daniella P. (Former Admin Assistant)
- "Not related to tasks but I actually love not being micromanaged. I really do enjoy working without being supervised." from Kate Y. (Current Admin Team Lead)
- "Being used to the tasks I need to do everyday. Finding and buying a lot of shoes not using my own money :D , proves that I've built trust with Shoenami." from Christian O. (Current Junior Sneaker Buyer)
- “If you ever get lucky enough to be hiring people, make sure you're hiring people that not only you can teach, but make sure you're hiring people who are also going to teach you things.” from Jeff Bezos (Amazon CEO)
- "What I love about being part of the team is getting the feeling of belongingness. With the continuous support and feedback being given, I feel that the team wanted to help me to be an expert and eventually be in a bigger role. I also love the interaction with customers since I am able to express myself unlike in the BPO industry, where you need to follow verbiage." from Thristian L. (Current Customer Service Representative)
You'll be a great fit if:
- You're a college graduate of any four-year course (or equivalent relevant work experience)
- You have excellent written and oral English communication skills (use of highfalutin words and corporate confusing jargon are not required)
- Own computer and quiet place to work with stable internet
- You think bad customer service is disgusting
- You see our customers as people and not just numbers or just another task
- You have lists for everything and you can't stand procrastinating
- You're patient, calm, and cool as a cucumber (even if the world is burning)
- You're always on-time (you're never late!)
- You're stable and reliable (as stable as the sun rising and rice prices increasing hehe)
- You love online shopping! (Shopee Platinum member is a plus!)
What you’ll be doing:
- Attend to a high volume of chat inquiries per shift
- Generate sales by recommending/offering products (product knowledge)
- Take orders, calculate charges, and process billing or payments when needed
- Record details of customer touch points and actions taken
- Confirm orders and shipping details
- Process and keep track of orders and proactively update customers
- Track returns and exchanges
- Willing to work in shifts and on nights, weekends, and holidays
Are you the perfect fit? (pun intended)
- Are you self-motivated with high standards?
- Always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Passionate about creating a positive impact?
- Strong appetite for learning and eagerness to contribute?
- Looking for a challenge and hungry to take ownership and responsibility?
Are you up for the challenge? Then let’s talk sneakers!
- Learn more about us here, to see if you're a great match with Shoenami!
- If you think we're compatible, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “I'm an organized, patient, and diligent customer service representative!”
- In the body of the email, tell us 2 things:
- First: What did you hate the most about your previous school or company?
- Second: There is also 1 thing wrong with this job posting, tell us what that single error is in 1-2 sentences (OPTIONAL).
OUR PROMISE: We appreciate your effort in taking the time to apply. Once positions are filled, these listings above will be immediately deleted. If you can see the listing above, that means the position is still open. Good luck, sneaker-friends! :)