Updated as of Feb. 8, 2023.
Admin Assistant - Entry Level, Full-Time, Work from Home)
An admin assistant helps the general manager with clerical day-to-day tasks such as research, checking and encoding data on Google Sheets, and human resource/sales/marketing/graphic design/social media-related tasks (yes, you may have to do a bit of everything).
Why Work Here:
- LEARN: Working in Shoenami means you are an important member of a small ~9 person team. The unique way in which you approach and solve a problem will be definitely noticed. While you do that, the process of learning will be enhanced too. A startup has fewer people so everybody’s role is important.
- OWNERSHIP: You'll have the freedom to do your work with no micromanagement. As the late Steve Jobs has said: "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do."
- INNOVATION: At an established company, you most likely have an employee handbook that outlines the policies and procedures for a given scenario. At Shoenami, team members are creating these policies and procedures. This gives you more freedom to experiment with new processes and templates to see what works best.
- VALUE: Shoenami thrive off of new ideas and ways of thinking through problems. Additionally, there are few teammates to make suggestions. This means that your input is valuable and sometimes necessary for the growth of the business.
What our previous/current teammates say about us:
- "Personally, I learned so much because of Shoenami. Through your patience, I’ve gotten used to the process and have been able to effectively contribute sometimes. Making less and less mistakes makes me feel proud of myself as well." from Kristine
- "Thank you so much, Shoenami! Thank you for this experience and for letting me work with Shoenami Fam! Will never forget all the learnings esp. that this is my first job since I graduated. Hehe" from Tricia
- “If you ever get lucky enough to be hiring people, make sure you're hiring people that not only you can teach, but make sure you're hiring people who are also going to teach you things.” from Jeff Bezos
- "Every time, I browse the Shoenami website, I feel happy that my hard work has paid off. This also reflects the trust of the company beyond my work, as well as my growth in my position. Also, the compliments help my motivation grow further." from Daniella
Who We Are:
- Mission: Shoenami exists to share the passion for sneakers
- Vision: To become your go-to supplier for hype and authentic sneakers
Our Core Values:
- Continuous Improvement - Eliminate problems, remove waste, and inefficiency
- Accountability and Integrity - Always doing what we say, sometimes more, never less
- Operational Excellence - Create long-lasting value instead of short-term boosts
- Frugality and Resourcefulness - Do more with less
- Gratitude and Positivity, also PUNny and a little wEirD - Enjoy your work, appreciate the little things, celebrate small wins, and have fun! :)
- From 2014 to 2019, Shoenami was being managed by only 2 people (we rarely have open positions so take advantage of this opportunity, sneaker-friend!)
- In March of 2014 we sold our first sneaker, the Nike Roshe Run 'Black/Sail', for Php 4,500 thru a meet-up in McDo beside DLSU-M.
- On April 27, 2016, we've had our first celebrity endorsement from Yassi Pressman (adidas Ultra Boost 1.0 'Wool Grey')
- Graduate of any four-year course
- Experience in graphic design (Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus!
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Own computer or laptop and quiet place to work
- Stable internet connection
- Must be proactive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Interested in sneakers and hype culture
- Loves online shopping!
What you’ll be doing:
- Data entry and data validation using Google Sheets
- Posting on Facebook Groups, Carousell, and other marketplaces
- Monitor website to ensure stocks are updated
- Remove image background using photoshop
- Research and hiring-related tasks as required
Are you the perfect fit? (pun intended)
- Are you self-motivated with high standards?
- Always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Passionate about creating a positive impact?
- Strong appetite for learning and eagerness to contribute?
- Looking for a challenge and hungry to take ownership and responsibility?
Then let’s talk sneakers!
- Send your portfolio, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “I’m a self-driven and diligent admin assistant who is passionate about sneakers!”
- In the body of the email, answer this question: What would your past boss or supervisor say about your work ethic? (3-5 sentences only)
- (OPTIONAL) In addition to #2, there is also 1 thing wrong with this job posting, tell us what that single error is in 1 sentence ("The error is that...").
- Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.